Friday, November 30, 2007

The ease of being patient with him

I moved in with G and his roommate for one month during this transition time until our apartment is ready. Their living room is a lot smaller than it was before because my boxes line the walls, decreasing the size of the room by at least three feet on each side. We moved all my stuff from Huntington Beach to Culver City using two cars in 4 trips. Now we’re going to move again, into our new apartment. G packs his stuff, making the apartment even smaller and sometimes forgetting to leave a pathway so no one trips over random trinkets from the past 10 years of his life. There is nothing like clutter and moving over a one month span to agitate a person. This may be one of those little trials to see how well two people work/live together and get along in close quarters before they get married. We haven’t fought or gotten angry at one another. In fact, I believe we will pass this test because even as I sit here typing in the midst of mountains formations created by cardboard boxes, I watch him make these mountains into the Alps and I still want to pull him over and kiss his head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you could use some storage facilities provided by storage companies. lol. next time you do that ok, so your boxes won't cramp your style.. ;)