Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Your half is bigger than mine?

Going to sleep with him is so comfortable. We get under the t-shirt sheets and big down comforter and snuggle up close together. It feels so nice to be close with his arms around me. It's getting later, and I still havent fallen asleep. I realize that I'm not so comfortable and I need to turn over. I think he realizes the same because we mutually let go and retreat to our sides of the bed.

In the middle of the night I'm awaken because my right leg is tense trying to keep itself from slipping off the side of the bed. He's migrated over to my side and I'm scrunched up trying to tell myself that I have enough space be relaxed and to fall back to sleep. After about a minute (which seems like 10 when you're awake in the middle of the night) I give up and push him over. He says, in a raspy whisper, "what?" "Can you please move over," I say. "I'm on my side," he says. "No, you're right in the middle," I say. He moves over, submitting to my request, probably because he is very disinterested in striking up a debate at 3am.

In the morning he tells me he thinks my half of the bed must be bigger than his. I tell him there was room for another person on his side of the bed at 3am. He disagrees.

No comments: