Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Trust

Perhaps my previous blog was too idealistic. Sometimes a relationship feels so perfect. You feel like you can trust the other person 100%. Every moment you spend together is fun and still very exciting. I'm really not this idealistic. My parents divorced after 25 years of marriage. It was partially a trust issue. If one told the other his/her thoughts instead of letting a bad mood turn into a screaming match, the straying feelings for each other wouldn't seem so much like lies. You can't always help your diminishing interest in someone, but shouldn't it be possible to talk about it so the other person has warning...a single chance? It seems so rare that people can trust that their mate will have one focus --you--for their whole entire life. This all sounds like it comes from an insecure person, but I am definitely not insecure. In fact I believe in falling in love with one person forever, wanting their happiness more than your own and doing anything you can to make life easier for them. My parents' divorce didn't inflict a huge scar on my soul, but maybe it added a little caution to my personality. When I am not told the truth, I do throw up a shield because I can't have a 25 year relationship die.

No comments: