Tuesday, April 29, 2008

No more unknown

Isn't it nice to not have to worry about things like whether he wants you for a relationship or just to fool around? I get to come home every day and kiss his lips without any fear that I will want him more as a boyfriend and he will only want me for fun...OR...the sad situation for him where I may be fooling him because I only want him for an occassional date with benefits and he thinks we are something special. I get to throw my arms around him knowing he wants me to do it every time and he wants me around today, tomorrow and the next day.

I was talking to a friend recently about his new prospect and he said he asked this new guy, who he met on line, if he was looking for a friend, a relationship or just a hookup. Whatever the guy said made my friend think he wanted a hookup, but they guy never actually said the word hookup. My friend got a call from the guy one day asking him if he was home, because he wanted to stop by. My friend was not home, but wouldn't have had him come over anyway, he said, because to him, the call meant he just wanted to come over to fool around. My friend wanted more than just a hookup. He said he would not rush to the bedroom (or in his case, the other side of the bookcase which partitioned the bed from the couch in his studio apartment).

A few days later, the guy called my friend at work and asked him if he wanted to go out for a coffee in the afternoon to take a little break from the workday. My friend went and took this as a sign that the guy does not want just a hookup, but would like to establish a relationship with my friend.

There are so many ways to interpret people's actions. If the guy just said what he wanted: a relationship, a friend or a hookup, my friend and I would not have to have endless discussions about what the minute things this guy does actually mean.

When I was dating different guys, my uncle once said to me, "I don't envy you." It is hard on your emotions to have to figure someone out and possibly misread them, but don't we also love the unknown, the challenges and the possibilities?

Maybe there is a time in your life for everything, because right now, I am so content that I can just know.

No comments: