Friday, April 18, 2008

Can I finish before we talk about bills?

When you're dating, the time you set aside for your boyfriend is solely to concentrate on him and be in the moment of enjoying your togetherness. You eat together, talk to each other, kiss each other, warm each other.

When you live together your talking involves food shopping, cleaning, plans, and things you need to do as part of making your home together. The days of dates filled solely with you and him dressed in blinders to only see and think of each other are over. Having children must enhance this by 800 percent.

When we're making out, the last thing I want to think of is if we've paid the cable bill...but I do think of it because he is the person I'd talk to about paying the cable bill. I try to wait and push the thought out of my mind, saving it for later. Sometimes I do wait, but other times I don't trust my memory. Thinking I'll forget I say it, "Did we finish paying the bills this month?" This one question can be tolerated, but if I ask another or say , "We really need to remember to shut the lights when we leave a room," the mood has become less passionate.

We need to bring the dates back and I should remember, that I will remember to tell him about the bills and the lights...later.

No comments: